What will the Neighbourhood Plan cover?
It is up to the community to decide on the content of the Plan based on their priorities for the neighbourhood. There are, however, some limitations to neighbourhood plans:
- They must not conflict with national government policy (e.g. Green Belts)
- They must be compatible with the District Council’s Local Plan.
- They must promote sustainable growth and cannot be used to prevent development.
- They must be lawful, realistic and robust.
- They must be agreed by a referendum of local people.
Why are we doing it?
- We are keen to give local communities and businesses more say in shaping the future of North and South Hykeham.
- We want to engage with everyone in our community during the process of producing the plan.
- We want to create a plan that will determine development now and into the future.
- We want to set out clearly what development is appropriate for our community consistent with the District Council’s Local Plan and National Planning Policy.
- We want to make it clear to potential developers, through our neighbourhood plan, planning policy and guidance, what the community expects from development.